I loved working with my niece for her bridals last fall. The colors were lovely, and she was a good sport, trying all of my crazy ideas for poses and locations. We started at Memory Grove in Salt Lake City and then moved to the State Capitol Building.
The Google search dictionary give three different meanings for the word humor:
- The quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.
- A mood or state of mind.
- To comply with the wishes of (someone) in order to keep them content, however unreasonable such wishes might be.
It’s been said that humor is one of the characteristics that separate humans from animals (though I feel like my dog is laughing at me most of the time). We use humor to connect with other people, to defuse tense situations, to brighten the day, or to lighten a heavy heart. Humor illuminates our lives and lifts our hearts and is completely subjective. You might never understand why I find something funny. And that’s okay.
IN A NEW POST CREATED FOR THIS CHALLENGE, SHARE A PHOTO OR TWO OF SOMETHING OR SOMEONE THAT TICKLES YOUR FUNNY BONE.
Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
- Each week, I’ll come up with a theme and post a photo that I think fits. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Thursday, when the next photo theme will be announced.
- To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “A Photo a Week Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ and “Photo a Week” tags.
- Come back here and post a link to your image in the comments for this challenge.
- Follow nancy merrill photography so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements.
Not a super high-level technology, but one that sure comes in handy during a photo shoot. I love that my husband is willing to do crazy things (like lie on the ground and position a reflector just perfectly) so that I can get the shot I want. Just in case you’re wondering how it worked, here’s the result.
For more from this challenge, visit A Word a Week Challenge: Technology.